DELP- For Carrying Out Large Scale Distribution of LED Bulbs
Domestic Efficient Lighting Program (DELP)- is envisaged with the objective of large scale implementation of energy conservation and energy efficiency concept by the Ministry of Power. The Ministry of Power has set up Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL), a Joint Venture of NTPC Limited, PFC, REC and POWERGRID to lead the market development and implementation functions of the National Mission for Enhanced Energy Efficiency (NMEEE) and to facilitate the implementation of energy efficiency projects, under the flagship of which the DELP is being implemented.
The objective of the project is to:
Om India Technovation is an authorized distribution agency for (DELP) in the states of Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Odisha, Rajasthan and Bihar.
- To provide households with LEDs at a price of Rs. 10 each as against the market price of Rs. 400-500. The balance amount of LEDs will be recovered from the consumer along with his electricity bill. Individuals can also choose to make an upfront payment at the time of distribution.
- This would reduce power consumption of households to an extent of Rs 160/- per LED bulb per annum.
- To reduce power procurement cost for the Distribution Companies in states due to peak
- To enhance awareness about use of energy efficient products amongst households and
have a cascading effect for other products.
- To provide a viable payment security mechanism to initiate large scale investments
in energy efficiency.